This tutorial shows you how to set up your e-mail account to work in Microsoft Outlook. It focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2003, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook by using the settings in this tutorial.
To set up your e-mail account in Microsoft Outlook follow the steps below.
1. In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > E-mail Accounts.
2. On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select "Add a new e-mail account" and click Next.
3. For your server type, select "POP3" and click Next.
4. On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter your information as follows:
Enter your first and last name.
Enter your e-mail address.
Enter your e-mail address, again.
Enter the password we set up for your e-mail account.
Incoming mail server (POP3):
Outgoing mail server (SMTP):
5. Click “More Settings”, select the "Outgoing Server" tab.
6. Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication."
7. Ensure the "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" radio button is selected.
8. Click OK.
9. Click Next.
10. Click Finish.