This tutorial shows you how to set up your email account to work in Windows Live Mail.
1. Start Windows Live Mail. A wizard may run the first time it's opened. If the wizard doesn't run when you first open the program, do the following:
a. On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
b. In the Accounts page, click Add.
c. On the Add an account page, click E-mail Account, and then click Next.
2. On the Add an E-mail Account page, do the following:
a. In the E-mail address box, enter your e-mail address.
b. In the Password box, enter your password that was supplied to you. If you want Windows Mail to remember your password, select the check box next to Remember password. If you don't select this then you will have to enter your password every time you wish to get your mail.
c. In the Display Name box, enter your full name.
d. Select Manually configure server settings for e-mail account, and then click Next.
3. On the next page of the wizard, under Incoming Server Information, do the following:
a. In the drop-down menu under Incoming mail server is a <type> server, select POP3.
b. Under Incoming server, enter the POP3 server name: mail.opgweb.co.uk
c. Under Port, use the default port number, which is set to 110.
d. Leave This server requires a secure connection (SSL) unticked.
e. Under Log on using, leave this as the default settings.
f. Under Login ID (if different from your e-mail address), type your full e-mail address.
4. Under Outgoing Server Information, do the following:
a. Under Outgoing server, enter the SMTP server name: mail.opgweb.co.uk
b. Under Port, use the default port number, which is set to 25.
c. Do not tick the check box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
e. Please tick the check box next to My Outgoing server requires authentication, and then click Next.
5. On the Your new account settings are complete page, click Finish.
6. On the Accounts page, click Close.