- On the BlackBerry home screen, select the Blackberry Setup icon, then choose Personal Email Set-up.
Note: On older BlackBerrys, find and
select the Personal Email Set-up icon.
- Select Personal Email Set-up.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- On the Email Account Set-up page, enter your full email address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leave the Password field BLANK.
- The message ‘We are unable to set up your email account.’ will
appear. Select ‘I will provide the settings to add this email account’.
- Select ‘Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP)’.
- Select ‘I will provide the settings to add this email account’.
- A message ‘The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [your email] account’ will appear.
Select ‘Provide The Settings’.
- Enter your full email address. Example: email@example.com.
Then enter your mailbox password.
- Enter ‘mail.opgweb.co.uk’ as the email server.
- Select OK.
- Under your newly added email address, select Edit.
- Select Advanced Settings at the bottom.
- Ensure the port is set to ‘143′ and ‘Use SSL’ is set to ‘no’
- Select Save.
If your email set-up was successful, there should be a new-messages
icon on your home screen labeled with the name of the account. Once you
see this icon, follow these steps:
- Open the mailbox icon.
- Open the menu by pressing the jog wheel or BlackBerry menu button, then select Options.
- Select Email Reconciliations.
- Confirm the following settings:
- Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
- Wireless Reconcile: On
- On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
- Select Save.